Perth Concert Hall
The Perth Concert Hall is centrally located in Perth.
Perth Concert Hall is renowned for having one of the finest acoustics in the southern hemisphere. The concert hall is the home and serves as the primary performance venue for the West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO), and hosts a number of diverse performances and events all year round.
Perth Concert Hall was designed by architects Jeffery Howlett and Don Bailey, with construction and completion carried out by Sabemo (WA). The building was opened on Australia Day in January 1973 and serves as a prime example of the brutalist mid-century architecture style.
The London Symphony, Chicago and Berlin Philharmonic Orchestras are among the great classical ensembles that have performed at the venue, as have many of the worlds best contemporary artists including; Ray Charles, PJ Harvey, Nina Simone, Sting, Tim Minchin and KD Lang.
Several secure parking facilities are located within a short walking distance from Perth Concert Hall. These include:
• City of Perth, Perth Concert Hall Car Park:
This is an undercover car park open from 6am - midnight daily. Access from Terrace Road.
• City of Perth, Terrace Road Car Park:
This is a 24-hour car park with access from Terrace Road.
• City of Perth, Fire Station Car Park:
This is a 24-hour car park with access from Hay Street or Murray Street.
• City of Perth, Council House Car Park:
This is an undercover car park open until 1am. Closed on public holidays. Access from St Georges Terrace.
• Wilson Car Park, Kings Complex Car Park:
This is 24-hour car park that is accessible every day of the week. Entry to the car park can be found at 517 Hay Street, Perth.
Please note: Road works in the Perth CBD area may affect transport and parking for Perth Concert Hall. For more information to plan your trip accordingly click here
• Perth Concert Hall is located on the main Perth city bus route of St Georges Terrace. Bus stands nearest the Perth Concert Hall are: 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 46, 47, 48.
• Transperth's RED CAT bus service travels in an East-West loop from Queens Garden in East Perth to Outram St in West Perth. The closest pick-up and drop-off point to Perth Concert Hall is St Georges Terrace (Stop No. 7).
The RED CAT operates every 5 minutes Monday to Thursday from 6am through to 6:45pm. Friday sees the RED CAT operate every 5 minutes from 6am to 7pm, with an additional service running through till 8pm every 10 - 15 minutes. Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays RED CAT services operate every 10 minutes from 8:30am - 6pm.
❊ What's On ❊
Events happening at Perth Concert Hall
❊ Address & Contacts ❊
⊜ 5 St Georges Tce Perth Western Australia Map
✆ Telephone: (08) 9231 9900
❊ Web Links ❊
➼ Perth Concert Hall
❊ Be Social ❊
→ Disclaimer: Check before making plans...